I grew up on a farm admiring nature and exploring the woods, seven miles from Falls City in southeast Nebraska. We moved between seventh and eighth grade to Carroll, IA where I was first exposed to Adobe Illustrator 8.0 and Photoshop 3.0 in high school. After high school I went to design school at The Creative Center, in Omaha, Nebraska. I graduated valedictorian and was hired at Webster shortly thereafter. I have worked at Webster for 17+ years and still love going to work everyday. Working with great people makes all the difference.
Outside of work I am on the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) for The Creative Center which helps determine the direction of the curriculum. I am an avid outdoorsman and am referred to at work as the “cultured outdoorsman” for my love of PBS, classical music and the outdoors. I enjoy fishing, biking, photography, travel, painting and screen printing. I have 2 children, Isaac and Ella and a beautiful wife Alicia. I still don’t know how I bamboozled her into marrying me.
• AIGA Nebraska
• AMA Pinnacles
• Communication Arts Design Annual
• Graphis Design Annuals – 2008, 2010, 2014 and 2015
• How Magazine
• Logo Lounge – Books 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
• Logo Lounge Master Library Volume 2 – Animal & Mythology
• Nebraska ADDYs
• District ADDY
• Print Regional Design Annual
• Neenah Paper’s PAPERWORKS Letterhead Contest (Second Quarter 2011 – Bronze)